Releases to and from the high bar are common in high bar routines as well as uneven bars routines. In high-level competition, it is required for a good score. These skills are usually some of the most difficult, and often the most dangerous, in a routine.
From front support or hip circleEdit
Women's gymnastics only
- Cast (swing backwards), stoop or straddle over bar with 1/2 turn: B
- Hip circle backwards, flight with 1/2 turn over bar: C
- Cast, release, full twist to hang (Caslavska): C
- On high bar, cast with straddled salto forwards to hang on high bar (Comaneci): E
- Clear hip circle, counter straddle (Tkachev) to hang on high bar: E
From long swingEdit
- Long swing to counter straddle over high bar to hang (Tkachev): Women D
- Tkachev piked: Women E
- Long swing forward with 1/2 turn, release with 1/2 turn to Tkachev: Women G
- Swing forward and front salto forward to catch high bar in reverse grip: Women F
To be continued...