In modern gymnastics, with the uneven bars far apart, bar changes are major skills. At least two are required in elite routines, one low to high and one high to low.
Low to highEdit
From front support or hip circleEdit
- From inner front support, cast and roll forward to hang on high bar (Radocla): C
- From outer front support, clear underswing and counter fight to hang on high bar: C
- From inner front support, clear hip circle to handstand and flight backwards to high bar (Schaposchnikova) or with 1/2 turn (Khorkina): D
- Clear hip circle backwards, flight to hang on high bar: C
High to lowEdit
From long swingEdit
- Facing low bar, swing forward and release with 1/2 turn to handstand on low bar (overshoot to handstand): D
- Facing low bar, swing forward and release with 1 1/2 turn to handstand on low bar: E
- Facing low bar, swing forward and roll backwards (in tuck or straddle) to front support on low bar
- Facing low bar, back salto stretched to support on low bar (Pak salto): D
- Pak salto with full twist: E
To be continued...